Week 10: Time to evaluate

Dear students,

While you were doing your exams, our Student blogging challenge came to an end. Now that we have a few days of this school year left, I’d like you to reflect on what we have been doing/done, do the survey on the SBC site and write some posts.

There will be two evaluations:

1. a survey of the actual student blogging challenge – we want your ideas of the plus, minus and interesting about the challenge. Most questions are tick a box or find answer from drop down arrow.
  2. a survey of your blog by someone who has not seen it before such as your principal, another teacher, your parent, a sibling or cousin, next door neighbour.

Survey of your blog

This is an audit of your blog since the beginning of March 2012.

• How many posts did you write?
  • How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?
  • How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?
  • Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?
  • Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?
  • Did you change blog themes at all and why?
  • How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?
  • How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?

Now ask another student and teacher/parent from your school who might not have read your blog to do an audit. Sit beside them while they navigate around your blog, record what you observe as they interact with your blog. When finished, ask them the following questions:

• What were your first impressions of this blog?
  • What captured your attention?
  • What distracted you on the blog?
  • What suggestions can you give me to improve my blog?

Nominating a blog for the Edublog Awards 2012

This year we would like classes to nominate two blogs they feel are excellent student blogs. They can be blogs from anywhere in the world. Choose a student from your class to write about the nominations in a post after you have discussed this as a class. eg best student blog or best new blog. Make sure you have a link back to this post of the challenge otherwise we wont know you have nominated for the awards.

Students we would prefer you work with your teachers to nominate some great student blogs, but if there is a student blog (not from your class or school) that you feel deserves a nomination then write a post and make sure you have a link back to this post of the challenge otherwise we wont know you have nominated for the awards.  Remember, as a student, you can’t nominate a blog from your class or school.

After the challenge is over

Continue:

This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Mrs Black. Bookmark the permalink.

About Mrs Black

Hi all! I am from Moscow, Russia. I have been an English teacher for quite a long time. Now I am working at a distance school. I like using ICT in class. At present my students are interested in blogging and collaboration with students from other schools.